Monday, October 12, 2009

Love Potion #2

File size: 46,9 MB
Bitrate: 192 kbps
Length time: 33,5 minutes
BPM: 78.5 - 99.2

When a friend asked me to mix slow songs, I thought the idea was absurd. Why would people mix slow songs? By "mixing", I mean matching these songs beat to beat, not just fade-in and fade-out at the end of every songs like most radios do. Furthermore, many slow songs run on different 'beat style'.

But learning that every songs are running on 'four-beat-bars rule', then this rule must also apply to slow songs which mean they are also "mixable". The challenge is to 'identify' the first beat and then start counting: 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. Sounds easy, huh? Well, it's not! Becoz many slow songs aren't running with beats in the earlier part of the track.

The next step is by listening to others how they do it and learn their tricks. Check out my affiliates here cause there are lots of great mixtapes going on in their blogs!

So here is the result... my first slowmix. Hope you like them, cause I really enjoy making them. There are certainly more to come in the future.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...